Friday, July 3, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 56

Leah sat with me on the edge of my bed, the yearbook resting in her lap.
I had started crying the second she had walked in the door, and it had taken me close to an hour to get control of myself. 

I told Leah everything.
I knew she thought I was crazy, but I didn’t care.
I was crazy, but there were outside forces aiding my mental breakdown.

“A student and a youth pastor?”
She was looking at me, dumbfounded.
“This is who you blame for your conspiracy? An uppity rich bitch and a guy with frosted tips? “

I knew it was more than just them, and I told her as much.  I just didn’t know all the pieces yet.

“You need to let this go, Felicia.”
She rested her hand on my shoulder.

I couldn’t. Not yet.

I felt her hand squeeze my shoulder a little harder. 
Hard enough that it hurt.

“Let. It. Go.”

Leah didn’t look like my friend anymore. 

She looked… dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment