Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 21

Randy had come over, alone.  I was grateful.  It would make things easier for me, for the both of us. 

I had gone through the motions, doing my best to comfort him, pretending that I was shocked and horrified at what had happened to Bella.  Part of me… part of me enjoyed seeing him cry.  It wasn’t because of the pain he was feeling.  I took no joy in his pain. 

No…

It was because he needed.  He wasn’t the support for someone else.  He was the one in need of support, and I was the one he went to. 

Eventually we made love. 

After we lay in bed, the day drifted into twilight and then darkness.  I dozed, drifting in and out of sleep, my thoughts returning to Bella. 

The image of her terrified, helpless face was burned into my brain.  She never even saw me, but I had been able to see her.  I had seen all that anguish and pain. 

I had caused all that anguish and pain. 

There was a zing of electricity that shot through my body. 

“It’s now or never.”  That familiar voice buzzed through my brain.  “He’s snooping.  He’ll find out. Get him now before he gets away.” 

I nodded, my eyes still closed, my body still rigid with sleep. 


“Get him and bring him to me,” the voice continued, “and I’ll give you exactly what you want.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment