Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Ruins pt. 48

The fight didn’t last much longer, but when Alana finally pulled me to my feet I wished she had left me there on the ground, easy prey for whatever creature would take me.

I had failed.

I had failed, and now Rita was slumped over against the side of her house, her face and throat a crisscross of crimson valleys and rivers.  She was still alive, but gasping for air. 


The still twitching bodies of the… things, the laughing dead lay on the ground. 

“We need to get her inside.”
Alana pushed me towards Rita, her voice soft but firm.

I did as I was told, carefully lifting Rita off the ground, her right arm slung around my shoulder, her left around Alana’s.

In the distance I could hear the sounds of the rest villagers searching New Eden for any remaining demons.

My gut told me that they wouldn’t find any.
This attack was focused.

This attack had a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment