Monday, November 9, 2015

No Ending For A Dark Lesson?

When I made the decision to cancel A Dark Lesson I briefly thought of writing a quicky ending to wrap everything up.  There was just one problem.

I had no idea how it would end!

One of the factors that led me to decide to end A Dark Lesson was that I had no idea where the story was going.  None.  I hadn't just written that series into a corner, I wrote it into a black hole, where any form of story momentum was crushed in the powerful vacuum of writer's block.

Also, unlike Pom Pom Angel, which I at some point plan on bringing back, I have no further plans with A Dark Lesson.  There is just nothing in my brain when it comes to that story.  Absolutely nothing.

A Dark Lesson is dead and gone (and I'm kind of relieved.)

Here is what dawned on me after this latest writing disaster.  I am forcing myself to keep writing stories in the Accidental Demon Slayers world, even when I don't have a story to tell.  I am forcing myself to expand that world without a solid base, and in the end I'm doing more damage than good.  So, I will write something new for that world, but not right now, and not until I can think of a story that actually works.  Cuz A Dark Lesson did NOT work, and it was starting to cause problems with my other series, and slow down my posting.  It was either let this hold up everything, or get rid of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment