Thursday, November 12, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 22

Ambushing Randy had been too easy.  He had been too distracted by what he had found on my phone, or more importantly, what he hadn’t found.  Unlike Bella, hurting Randy brought me no pleasure.  It hurt me to hurt him. 

After I had knocked him out I quickly moved him down to my car, loading him into the backseat.  I had considered placing him in the trunk, but that felt too cold, too… mean. 

Finding the Unknown Sender turned out to be surprisingly easy, as he had begun to send directions directly to my brain, acting as a kind of psychic GPS.  The directions led me to an older apartment building on the West Side.  The building was four stories tall, built in a U-shape, which left a small, overgrown courtyard in its center.  The path leading up to the front door was cracked and crumbling, my ankles wobbling as the added weight of carrying Randy inside threw me off balance. 

Before entering the building, I glanced around, taking in the structure that surrounded me.  Windows were either cracked or boarded up, and parts of the buildings exterior appeared blackened or charred. 

There was no way that anyone was still living in here.  The giant “Condemned” sticker slapped on the cracked open front door confirmed this. 

“What the hell is this place?” I asked not with my mouth, but with my mind.  I could actually feel the thought leave my brain and slip into the Digital Void, drifting to the Unknown Sender.

“We need privacy, and being here will allow for that.” His response was quick.  “Now hurry up before someone sees you.” 

I stepped inside, the darkness of the abandoned apartment building swallowing me.  My confidence was wavering, and suddenly I felt that I had made the completely wrong decision to come here.  The only problem was…


It was too late to turn back.

No comments:

Post a Comment