Thursday, November 19, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 24

A felt a force slam into my chest, and I was off my feet.  My body soared across the room, slamming into the wall next to the door.  The air exploded from my lungs on impact, leaving me shocked and breathless.  The force pushed harder, leaving me pinned against the crumbling dry wall, and I felt it push up, lifting me off the ground, leaving my feet dangling. 

Son of a bitch!

“I am going to give you what you want.”  The Unknown Sender watched me, never moving from his chair. “It just won’t be the way that you want it.”  

“You tricked me.” My voice was strained as I struggled to inhale the air to speak.  “You fucking tricked me.” 

“No.” He smiled that dead eyed smile. “I just didn’t give you all the details.”

I felt my heart drop, and my body went cold.  I had fucked up, big time.  I had not only killed one of Randy’s best friends, but if things were going to play out the way I expected, I had managed to kill Randy, too. 

He continued speaking, never leaving his chair, never seeming to move. “Normally, when someone does their mental energy, the energy that makes them… well, them, fades away into nothingness.  When someone dies when connected to the Digital Void, though… that mental energy is transferred into digital data and released into the Void as a whole new being.” 

“Please, don’t…”

“When Randy dies he will be transferred to the Void.  As you are connected to the void, you will forever be able to keep him close.  Obviously, you are not as… plugged in as I am, but your connection is greater than anyone else in my little experiment.  He will be there for you, and only for you, whenever you wish.” He never took his eyes off of me. 

“Why did you bring me here? Why not just do it like you did to everyone else?” I struggled, but couldn’t move.


“Honestly?” His smile grew bigger, and his eyes narrowed into vile slits. “I wanted to see the look on your face when Randy bites it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment