Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Ruins pt. 47

I didn’t even see Alana until she was in front of me, knife raised and ready. 
The creature, that man thing, lunged at her.  His gnarled, boney hands swiped at her face.
She moved lightening fast.
The knife slashed, and the thing’s fingers flew. 
She kicked out, her foot connecting with its stomach.
It stumbled back.

“Get Rita inside!”
Alana didn’t even turn when she spoke.  Her focus was totally on the creature in front of her. 
“Now!”

Her voice brought my legs back to life, and I grabbed Rita, rushing towards the front door of her house.

I felt a heavy force crash onto my shoulders and back, and then I was on the ground, the world a dark, swirling mess. I couldn’t see, but I could still here. 


Rita was screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment