Thursday, March 12, 2015

Eye See You: The Last Days of Janelle pt. 2

Tonight I wander from my apartment. 
The shadows are watching me, so closely now. 

Last night I saw the new picture, the new victim.
The new player.

His face is familiar to me. 
As I wander the streets, my thoughts no longer seeming like my own, I wonder.
Will I see him? 

Randy. 

His name was at the bottom of the list. 
I had been at the bottom once. 
I had thought the whole thing was a joke. 
He was probably thinking the same thing right now.

Fear.

It grips me, and I fade into the shadows of an alley.
The night moves on around me, and a fear that I cannot fully explain, freezes me.  

I see a church across the street. 
Is it a sign? Can I be saved?


The fear fades, and I stumble, looking drunk, across the blacktop river.

No comments:

Post a Comment