Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Eye See You: The Last Days of Janelle pt. 3

The doors are open, but aren’t they always?
The House of God always welcomes you. That’s what the man on the TV says. 
The House of God can save you.  That’s what the man promises.
The House of God… does not make the visions stop. 

Figures dance in the flicker of candlelight. 
The holy statues, idols to long dead saints, watch me. 
Their dead eyes follow my every move.
The ones with visible wounds, the martyrs, weep drops of fresh blood as I pass.  
They are smiling at me. 
Wicked smiles.  Not welcoming.

I move, my legs heavy, towards the front of the church, towards the altar.
I move towards the man in black, my supposed savior. 

Save me Father.

I fall to my knees.  I do not recognize my own voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment