Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Eye See You: The Last Days of Janelle pt. 5

He thinks I’m another drunk or junkie.
He tries to tell me to seek sobriety, to trust in a higher power. 

I plead for exorcism. 

I plead for something I never believed, and at that moment, I still don’t believe.
Desperation calls for desperate measures. 

He blesses me, the holy water touching my skin.
No reaction. No bubbling. No hissing.

He sends me on my way, back into the inky night, into the fear and shadows. 

The saints, those glassy eyed statues, are laughing at me as I leave.

“Straight to hell!”
“Bitches burn!”
“Satan’s whore!”
The statues mock me, their voices ringing in my ears, in my mind.

I stumble down the stone steps, away from the House of God.
His House does not welcome me.
His House cannot save me.

His House…

No comments:

Post a Comment