Thursday, March 26, 2015

Eye See You: The Last Days of Janelle pt. 6

From the House of God, to a House of Spirits.

Alcohol numbs the fear into a syrupy soup of dullness.
Mommy and daddy had filled up the account. 
I waste away my money, as my mental state slips to wasted. 

The visions blur, and then fade. 
When sobriety threatens to creep back up on me, the shadows erupt. 

My brain… my brain is floating in an eighty proof sea of numbness. 
The fear leaves me, if only for a moment. 

I smile. How long has it been since my last smile?
A man approaches me.  His face is blurry, his speech the same.
He calls me pretty.

I was pretty, once.  I was pretty before the messages, and the pictures.  I was pretty before the lists, the videos.  I was pretty before I some how got caught in this screwed up game.

I fuck him on the sticky floor of the men’s bathroom. 

No rubber needed when your life is a ticking clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment