Friday, March 27, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 28

Ashtyn called as I was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting for Sebastian’s parents to arrive. 

“I think I found something.”
She sounded excited.
“Have you ever heard of the Sisterhood of Suffering?”
Of course I hadn’t.

“They were a sect of nuns that believed the world was guilty of unforgivable sins, and that it was their duty to bring about the final judgment. They believed that someone must be consumed by their guilt, devoured by it even, before they could be properly cleansed.”

They were also, Ashtyn explained, originally based out of Wheaton Prep, back when it was a private, all girls’ Catholic school.  Back when three young girls had attempted to resurrect Sumthak and bring about the end of the world.  

I mentioned that to Ashtyn, and she agreed that it was an odd coincidence.

They had a ritual.
They would find a target, say a spell, and slowly start to uncover their guilt. 
When the spell was complete the target would come face to face with the guilt that haunted them.

Only a week and a half left until we meet again.

I wasn’t sure if I was ready to face my own guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment