Monday, March 30, 2015

Game Updates! Yes, you read that right. GAME UPDATES!

I bet you all thought the next game would never happen.  Well, thanks to a new game creation program it looks like the second game is going to eventually get done.  I'm not going to say much right now, as the game is still in development, but I will post a few things.

The game will focus on Bobby, Kurt, Ashtyn and... Rita.  Yes, Rita, from the serials is making the jump into the games. I'll also be introducing a few new characters (although not all of them will make it out of the game alive...). That also means that the game is connected to the serials, and will reference the serials, and the characters within it. So, if you haven't been keeping up, now is a good time to play catch up! You can use the handy dandy blog history on the side, or just go to the where to start tab.

The game will have fewer choices. Now, this sounds like a negative, but trust me, it is a positive. The choices that are there will have a greater impact on the story, and in turn, on the ending.  Fewer choices means I get to spend more time on building up the actual story and characters.  That was one of the things that sunk Alternate Lives.

Also, while I have said that Alternate Lives is canceled, that isn't entirely true. The game is on indefinite hold. I want to get Accidental Demon Slayers 2 done before digging back into that massive script. Basically this is my way of saying that some version of the game MAY some day come out.

So, there are some much needed updates. Now, I am going to get some much needed sleep, as working on the game has finally tuckered my hyper active brain out!

No comments:

Post a Comment