Monday, March 23, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 27

As the paramedics were wheeling Sebastian out of the house he whispered something to me.

“On my bed. You’ll know it when you see it.” 
They loaded him into the ambulance.
He’d make it.

I wandered back into the house, towards his room. 
I knew it was his by the grotesque poster on the door. 

Inside, sitting on his messy bed, was a picture.
Next to the picture was a plain, white envelope, with a two day old postmark.

I picked up the picture.
It was of him and Tommy. 
Sebastian was leaning back, Tommy’s arms around his shoulders, his lips gently pressed against Sebastian’s cheek. 

The picture would have been sweet in a different setting. 

I turned the picture over.
There was a message. 

Remember me. Remember us.


No comments:

Post a Comment