Thursday, December 31, 2015

Eye See You: Infection pt. 10

Dina was where she had promised to be.  She seemed shocked when both my mom and myself approached her. 

“I didn’t mean to…” She glanced from me, then to my mom, then back at me. “I don’t think she’ll…”

“I understand full well what’s going on.  At least, as best I can,” said my mom.  “Now, what I really want to know is how.” 

A part of me was proud that my mom had taken control of the situation.  A few days ago she would have been a terrified mess, but whoever was responsible had made a big mistake.  They had taken her husband from her.  They had taken the mans he had loved, and brutalized him so badly that we had to have a closed casket funeral. 

“Dina, right?” My mom held out her hand. “Loni.” 


Dina shook her hand.  “So, Loni, it sounds like all three of us want to know the same thing. How the hell is this happening?”

No comments:

Post a Comment