Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Ruins pt. 52

I wandered out into night, Alana by my side. We both thought it was best to let Doug and Marcus say their goodbyes in private.

Alana spoke first.
“Are you sure you want to go?”

I nodded.

We continued walking in silence.  The town around us was still. Everything had calmed, and now the residents of New Eden were getting ready to call it a night. 

I was getting ready to run head first out into the demon infested world.
It was in this quiet that Rita’s words came back to me.

What did she mean by a deity was gifted to me?
What deity? What prophesy?

Something in my gut told me that the answers to my questions were hidden away in the town that was once Crystal Lake.

Alana reached out, her hand clutching mine. 
The questions can wait, I told myself.

They can wait until tomorrow, when my new journey begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment