Thursday, December 10, 2015

Eye See You: Infection pt. 4

The dream was back.  It had followed me from the city. 

I was floating in darkness, my eyes useless.  My ears were my only guides, and from what they were revealing to me, I was glad I couldn’t see.  The void was filled with the muffled cries of pained, tortured peoples.  Occasionally a loud scream would rip through the nothingness that surrounded me, but in general it was only background noise. 

Like elevator music in hell.

“Don’t go home.” Randy’s voice rose out of the darkness.  “It will follow you.  It wants you.” 

“Why me?”

“It knows you, Dave.” Randy’s voice was flat, unemotional. “It knows that you are connected to the first wave.  It can’t let you go.”

“You mean that Unknown Sender prick?”

“It’s greater than that now. There are more Masters.  They are Virus. They are spreading.” Randy’s voice was growing louder. “They are coming for you Dave.” 

A loud, feminine scream ripped through the darkness and I felt myself burst out of sleep. 

I sat up in my bed, and heard the scream again. 


It was my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment