Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Eye See You: Infection pt. 7

That night I started removing the wireless electronics from my parents’ house.  The first thing to go was the router.  Next were the laptops and the desktop.  I didn’t want to risk anything. There could be no entry way for… whatever that was, into that house. 

My dad thought I was out of my mind, but my mom… well, she had seen what had happened to Mr. Putterman, she wasn’t saying much.

My dad had followed me out, trying to grab at the stuffed trash bag loaded with his favorite tablet. 

“This is ridiculous Dave,” he said.

“No, what’s ridiculous is a man’s face collapsing after talking a cellphone call.” I sped up my pace, heading straight for the trash can. “What’s ridiculous is that the same thing happened to all of my friends back in Chicago.  All of them.”

I stopped, dumping the bag in the trash and slamming the lid down.

“Now, I’m sorry about your friends, but I doubt that my tablet will..” 


I didn’t let him finish. “My friend Bella was ripped to pieces.  All of it started on her cellphone, and it ended with her splattered across her room.  Don’t think for one second that I am not going to do everything in my power to protect you and mom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment