Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 47

I rushed down the stairs, half dragging, Albert. I didn’t want to wait around and see if those charred, melted husks that were once human suddenly got a reboot and decided to come after us.

“Please, slow down.” Albert was whining. “You’re hurting me.”

“And they’ll hurt you worse if they get their hands on you,” I replied.

“They’re all dead,” he whimpered. “You killed them all.”

“They were already dead.” I finally slowed up. “That didn’t seem to stop them.”

We reached the second floor, the last one with a stairway door, and I slammed into the bar hard, pushing us out into the bright white light of the nursing station.

A nurse looked up, a shocked look on her face.

“I guess Virus kept things contained to just our floor,” said Albert.


“I guess so.”

No comments:

Post a Comment