Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 49

“Dave…” Dina was walking towards me now, holding up her hand to touch my shoulder.

I stopped her. I was seeing double. I was pissed off, and scared, all at the same time. My mom was missing? Normally I didn’t worry about her. She could take care of herself. She was a little dramatic sometimes, but she was strong.

But she was missing during the fucking Apocalypse, and not even my mother was strong enough to handle that.

“After I got discharged I headed straight for your house.” Dina took a step back, sensing my instability. “When I got there, she was gone. There was no blood, no sign of a struggle. I just thought she had gone to a neighbor’s or something. That she didn’t want to be alone. Then an hour turned into a couple of hours, and…”

“And you have her phone?” I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

Dina nodded.

“We need to find her.”

“How?” Dina asked.


I held out my hand. “Give me the phone. I think we have a friend on the other side that might be able to look around.”

No comments:

Post a Comment