Monday, May 16, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: Forbidden Kiss pt. 7

After dinner we moved over to the couch. I reached for the remote, to put the TV on for some background noise, but he stopped me.

All that awkwardness from before was gone. He was still a little bit bashful and cute, but he was more confident in the way he interacted with me. It made me uneasy, but not enough to get me to run away.

Part of me knew that he was playing me. That didn’t bother me. People played each other. When they wanted someone they put on a show to make themselves the ideal match for the other person. It was just normal human interaction.

Dante wasn’t human, though.

That was what both scared me, and excited me. He was an unknown risk. He was dangerous, and he could easily destroy me, but I still felt myself drawn to him. I was caught in his web, and if things kept going the way they were going, well…

He leaned in close, his eyes meeting me. There was a flash of fire in his gaze, and it made my breath catch. Was it something inside of him, some warning sign, or was it just a trick of the light.

“Why are you scared of me?” His voice was softer, almost a whisper.

“I don’t know what you want from me.” I couldn’t look away from him. “I don’t know if you actually want me. I mean, why?”

“Why, what?” He leaned closer.

“Why do you want me? Why would you want me?” The words fell from my lips before I could stop them.
There was my biggest fear laid bare. Why would someone as amazingly handsome and charismatic as Dante want someone like me? I wasn’t bad looking, but… he could do so much better.

“There is so much good in you, Nando.” He was closer now, his lips inches from mine. “I know you wouldn’t understand, but I am drawn to that. I am drawn to the good in your heart.”

He kissed me.

I kissed him back.

“I see so much evil and darkness,” he kissed me again, “but when I see honest, loving good in someone I want to be near them. I want to touch them, I want to have them.”

“Corrupt them?” My heart was racing.

“No.” He laughed, shaking his head. “I want to embrace it, nurture it.”


He had me. I was his. 

No comments:

Post a Comment