Thursday, May 12, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 48

Again I found myself talking to police officers, trying to explain what the hell had happened upstairs. I couldn’t explain it, because I didn’t know how it worked. The people went crazy, or their electronics did, and they started going after everyone.

It was Night of the Electronic Dead up there, and somehow Albert and I got out.

I was worried that the cops wouldn’t believe me, but the fact that they had to take down a few leftovers themselves cemented my story as true.

Finally, after a couple of hours of getting questioned, and a few more doctors and nurses prodding and poking me, I was able to get outside. I brought Albert with me. He was stable enough, and the doctors didn’t seem entirely comfortable keeping him in the hospital any longer.

I was planning on getting a cab, but instead I found Dina waiting for me. She was pacing, her eyes narrowed and lost in thought. When she saw me coming I was hoping for a smile, but instead I was greeted with worry.

“I’m okay.” I held up my hands as she approached.


“I know, the cops called me. Well, they actually called your mom, but…” she shook her head, “Dave, your mom… I can’t find your mom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment