Thursday, June 4, 2015

Eye See You: Dina pt. 8

Days go by,
we try to pretend we are scared out of our minds.
It works for a while.

We go out to eat,
we go to the movies
(terrible ones).
We even go bowling,
and even get hit on.

I finally ask about the phone battery.
She says that's part of the Its fun.
If your phone dies, it can't play.
So…
No need to charge the battery.
It stays at 100.

She tried to unplug.
Smashed all of her electronics,
dropped them off of some abandoned roof,
set them on fire in a hobo bin.

No matter what she did
they were always back the next morning,
whole and new-looking,
taunting her.

I started taking pictures of us
I post them on sites no one will ever see.
To protect them.
I don't know how this spreads,
but if ignoring my friends and family keeps them safe
let them be angry.

If we survive this I'll make the relationship public.
If not, there's at least proof.
Proof that I was trying to enjoy my life,
to not live in fear.
I write letters and put them in a safe deposit box
along with all the websites I've been posting on.
Copies of our research and passwords.
It's expensive,
but I might die anyway.
Money is trivial.

It's just us
Corky and Violet
Thelma and Louise
Cagney and Lacey
Tia and Tamara
Lucy and Ethel
Laverne and Shirley


Luckily most them didn't end up dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment