Monday, June 8, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 49

I walked to my office as fast as I could.
I needed to get away from those two.
I couldn’t tell why they had bothered me so much, but at this point, after everything that had happened, I wasn’t going to question my gut instinct. 

Once inside my office, with the door safely closed, I took a deep breath.
My eyes fell on a stack of papers, stuff we had pulled from the basement. 
The picture, the one of the Sisters of Suffering, sat on top. 

I walked to it, a part of my mind already knowing what I would discover.
I picked up the picture and looked at the young nun, the one whose face was partially hidden.
She had looked familiar, and now I knew why. 

She was the spitting image of Trisha King.

The older nun standing next to her, her face puckered in disapproval, was equally as familiar.
I had just seen that face a few minutes ago.

Howie Moore.

I didn’t care if they saw me.
I ran from my office, from the building, making a straight line to my car.
I knew what I had to do, and whom I had to tell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment