Friday, June 26, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 54

Seeing Cherish’s smiling face broke my heart. 
How long had I tried to forget her?
How long had I avoided looking at this very picture? 

There she was, smiling, her eyes looking off in the distance.  Her face was one of hopes and dreams, of a life to be lived.

Little did she know…

Little did any of us know. 

My eyes drifted to the small, senior quote underneath her picture.

“I’ll be seeing you.” 

When? 

How much longer are you going to make me wait?
Will it always just be you, hiding out in the corner of my vision?
Or as a strange, ghostly visage at the end of the hall? 
How much longer do I have to wait to see you again?

Would I have to take drastic measures?
Like Sebastian?

Like Sebastian…


I could feel my stomach lurch, and I ran for the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment