Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Eye See You: Dina pt. 9

Amy's nerves are shot.
Despite my best efforts she's seeing things now.
Figures.
Shadows.
Being second from the top,
it messes with her.

Not that the nightmares and random bruising weren't terrifying enough:
Her messages are getting more frequent.
We've started sleeping in the same bed.
We try not to go anywhere without each other.
I try to stay positive for Amy while she goes all Matrix,
looking for answers.

I make her dinner.
Insist she showers.
Hold her when the figures get to be too much.
She makes sure to give me back ups of everything
for our unburied time capsule.

She tells me thank you
for not hating her,
for staying with her.
Not that I have much choice
Who else would believe me?
Besides, she's the only friend I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment