Friday, June 12, 2015

Letters from the Dead pt. 50

I didn’t really enter the Demon Slayers Inc. office, as much as I stumbled into it, red faced and out of breath. 

Ashtyn sat at her desk, and she stood when she saw me. 
I didn’t even give her the chance to ask if I was okay. 
I just started talking, telling her about Trisha and Howie, the picture, my gut feeling. 
It all spilled out of me.

Ashtyn nodded, and then guided me to a chair next to her desk. 
She didn’t appear shocked at what I had told her.
Why would she be?

She pulled something up on her computer, turning the flat screen monitor towards me.

The Rights of ReBirth

“It takes blood sacrifice, but I wouldn’t put it past The Sisters of Suffering.”

I had expected her to say they were relatives, or maybe even ghosts.
They were the Sisters of Suffering reincarnated?
Seriously?

I felt every muscle in my body suddenly give out as my mind sputtered to a stop.

I couldn’t take much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment