Thursday, September 3, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 2

His voice sounded young, with a slight squeak to it.
I had expected something deep and imposing. 
His voice was shaky and uncomfortable. It sounded like he wasn’t use to using it.

My opinion of him didn’t really matter, though.  He was the one who held all the cards. 
He held my life in his hands.
More importantly, he held Randy’s life in his hands.

I asked him what kind of deal was he thinking of.

“This game is getting boring for me.  I want to change things up.”
He giggled.
“How about I give you a way to save your precious boyfriend?”

He had my attention.

I asked him how.

“I’ll give you the details in due time.   Just keep me near, okay?” 

I agreed. 

The voice vanished, and the earpiece fell from my head and into my palm. 

It felt warm, and I wasn’t sure, but it felt like it was pulsing in my palm, as if it was alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment