Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 3

I tried to push the conversation out of my head.
I went to see Randy.  I needed to see him.  I needed him to calm my nerves.
Just his very presence could do that.

When I got to his place I let myself in. 
He had given me a key a few weeks ago. 

When this had all started, when we had first started… what?
Dating?
Seeing each other?
Falling for each other?

It was hard define our relationship.  So much of it was built under duress and a need for security.  It didn’t feel like your average, run of the mill college romance. 

When we had first found each other he had depended on me.  I had been his security. 

Now he didn’t even greet me when I entered into his apartment. 

I found him in Bella’s room, sitting next to her bed. 

Bella…

That weak little bitch.
The thought had burst into my brain before I even had a chance to stop it. 

I didn’t want to admit it.  I hated myself for thinking it, but…
I had grown to hate her.


No comments:

Post a Comment