Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 11

We found a diner a block from the church.  It was small, with a few booths and a lunch counter.  The place was packed, though.  We grabbed a booth towards the front door.

“Easy escape,” Dina had said. 

When we sat down Dina started talking.  Listening to her explain her experiences didn’t reveal much new information, but it was a shock to the system how clearly it mirrored Randy, Luke and Bella’s ordeal.

The only difference was, Dina was still alive. 

“I don’t know why I’m still here.” Dina sighed. “I don’t even known why I’m here, as in, talking to you.”

I ask her how she found me.  I was never part of the game.  My name was never on one of the lists. 


“Well…" She took her phone out of her purse, and both my mother and I flinched.  “It seems something new… or someone new, is getting involved.”

No comments:

Post a Comment