Thursday, January 14, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 14

“What the hell is Virus?” I look at Dina.

“She won’t, or she can’t, tell me. Not in any clear way at least.” She takes her now unresponsive phone back.  “She has called it something else, though. She’s called it ‘Legion’.”

“Like in the Bible?” My mother leans forward, and continues.  “I don’t really remember the story perfectly, but I believe it was when Jesus was casting the demons out of a man, and into a bunch of pigs.”  She clears her throat.  “Before Jesus casts the demons out, he asks their name, and he responds…”

“I am Legion.” The voice came from the other end of the diner. 

The three of us turned to see a young man watching us, his face beat red, his hand clutching his phone so tight that his knuckles were white. He smiled at us, and spoke again.  “I am Legion.”


Then he started to laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment