Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 17

“Must have been some kind of bomb or something.”

I was listening to the cops passing by me.  

“What kind of bomb does that?”

“No clue.  But this isn’t the first time we’ve seen something like this.” 

One of the cops glanced at Dina, my mother and myself.  He give his head a slight nod.  He lowered his voice, and whispered his next comment to his fellow officer.  He shouldn’t have bothered.  I knew exactly what he was asking him. 

He was wondering if we had anything to do with it. 

It made me angry to think that some son of a bitch who had no idea as to what had actually happened could even casually accuse us.  They had no idea what we had seen, or been through. 

They had no idea what we had lost. 

“Dave.” My mom gave my arm a gentle squeeze. “Let it go, okay?”

I looked at her, and could see the fear in her eyes. How could she not be afraid.  She had just lost her husband, and not an hour after the funeral is done she sees an entire diner full of people meet similar fates. 

“Okay.” I give her a weak smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment