Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Rituals pt. 4

I don’t know how long I had been asleep, but when I was suddenly jolted awake by the sound of crashing glass it was still dark outside. 

I heard a loud screech, then more glass shattering. 

“Shit!” Doug was scrambling to his feet, pulling a long machete out of his bag. 

“Where’d you get that?” I looked around trying to find my weapon. 

“A parting gift from Marcus.”  Doug didn’t look at me when he spoke. 

His eyes were focused on the gray skinned creatures slithering through the broken windows of the church.  Their skin was glistening and smooth, the space where their eyes should have been nothing but smooth skin, their noses serpentine slits. 

They shrieked so loud I had to cover my ears. 

I glanced around, trying to take in the situation.  Then I felt my blood freeze. 


Where was Alana?

No comments:

Post a Comment