Thursday, January 28, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 18

Dina came home with us.  There was no way she was going back to her apartment, alone. After everything we had just seen, we had all decided that we were better off together. 

My mother had gone upstairs not long after we had gotten home, and Dina and I had settled into the kitchen. 

We sat in silence for a few minutes. 

Dina spoke first. “I… I’m sorry about your dad.” 

“Me, too.” I bit my lip.  “Funny thing is, I had actually managed to get all the electronics out of the house.  Didn’t matter, though.  My dad was so stubborn that he had gone out to the trash, and…” I let out a single laugh that quickly turned into a sob.  “He was a stubborn man.”

“Most dads are.” 

I tried to respond, but found that the only noise I was capable of making was another sob.  Then it hit me like a tidal wave. 

My father was dead.  My friends were dead.  Something had tried to kill my mother. 

Unknown Sender, or Virus, or whatever the fuck was floating around out there was actively destroying not only my life, but the lives of everyone I cared about. 

I started crying, and I couldn’t stop. 

Dina stood up, walked over to me, and without a word said, wrapped her arms around me

No comments:

Post a Comment