Thursday, January 7, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 12

She slid the phone across the table, the screen already illuminated.  I took a look, and could notice a few odd symbols.  The normal battery indicator was gone, replaced with an infinity symbol.  The normal bars indicating the signal strength now were the letters DL. 

DL?

“I think that means ‘Direct Link.’” She tapped where my eyes were focused. “Other than this one person, no one can get through on this phone.”

“A new Unknown Sender?” I look up at her.

“No.  They, or it, has a name.” She opens her messages, revealing a picture of my mother and myself, and under the picture  is a short message giving the time and location of my father’s funeral.

My eyes move up the screen to the name of the sender. 


Janelle…

No comments:

Post a Comment