Thursday, March 10, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 30

When I finally started to flicker back into consciousness I found myself in the back of an ambulance.  Two men were standing above me, rushing around.  I couldn’t hear them very clearly.  My ears were still ringing. 

“Where’s Dina?” I was able to croak the words out.

“Don’t you worry, buddy.  The other two people who were with you are doing just fine.” One of the EMTs  spoke, and his voice finally cut through the buzz.

Other two? Was he talking about the Unknown Sender?

“The other guy, he’s alive?” I was getting stronger.  I still hurt like hell, but I was stronger.

“Albert May?” The EMT glanced at me. “It was a close call, but we were able to revive him.”

I could feel the panic in my chest start to ease. The Unknown Sender was still alive.  There was still a chance that things could be fixed.

Slowly I drifted back into a hazy half sleep.

I didn’t dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment