Monday, March 28, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: First Dates pt. 9

“You want to come in for a beer?” I stopped at the door to my apartment.  Well, technically it was Gus and Nando’s apartment, but I did all the cleaning so I could claim at least partial ownership.

“No thanks.  I should probably check in on my brother. Ever since he has shown up I could just tell he was up to something.” Regina glanced back at her apartment. “The thing about being a demon is that you learn not to trust anyone.”

“Not even your own family?” I fumbled with my keys in my purse.

“Especially not your own family. Once, my mother tried to sell me off to a band of traveling sideshow. Just for the hell of it.”  She shook her head. “Dante kind of takes after her.”

“Remind me never to go anywhere with your mother.” I finally found my keys and unlocked the front door.  “Well, then have a good night.” 

Regina started towards her apartment.  “You too.”

I stepped into the apartment, and was suddenly enclosed in darkness.  I fumbled towards the light switch.  The sound of soft moans made me freeze.  They sounded almost painful. 

What the hell was going on?

I thought about calling out, to see who was there, but caught myself.  Didn’t every blonde cheerleader in a horror movie do exactly that, basically announcing her position, right before getting brutally murdered?  Living with Nando and Gus had exposed me to plenty of slasher movies over the past couple of months.  Who knew movies could be so educational?

Slowly I made my way towards the living room, the moans growing slightly louder as I did so.  What the hell was it?  Did we have a ghost? Did something happen to Nando?  Was he okay?

I reached into the doorway, and flipped on the light.  Then I screamed bloody murder. 

Nando lay on the couch, butt naked, with an equally naked Dante straddling his hips.  Their lips had been locked in a passionate kiss when I had turned on the lights, and suddenly they both sat up quickly.  Dante went tumbling, landing ass first onto the hard, wood floor of the living room. 

“Missy!” Nando grabbed a pillow, covering himself.  “I thought you were out monitoring Gus’s date.”

“It was going well, so I… I…” I glanced down at Dante, still naked as could be.  He smiled up at me and waved, making no effort to hide his nudity.  “Will you cover that thing? Please?” 

Dante just shrugged. 

I heard the front door slam open, and soon Regina was standing by my side.  “What the hell is… Dante? Dammit!  I told you to stay away from the humans!”

Dante stood up, still very naked, and shrugged again.  “I couldn’t resist.”

My eyes locked on Nando.  “Are you out of your mind? What the hell do you think you’re doing?”


“I… I can explain.” Nando’s face was bright red, and he clutched the pillow tighter to his crotch.  “It all started when…” 

No comments:

Post a Comment