Thursday, March 31, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 36

Glancing out of my room I could see two nurses standing at the far end of the hallway.  Sitting at their feet were what appeared to be the remains of two people. The bodies looked blown apart, with only their lower halves remaining intact.  The rest of their bodies were sprayed across the hospital walls. 

The nurses stood there, stock still, facing towards my room. Their eyes were closed.  There was something off about them.  It looked like their chests were glowing.

I squinted my eyes to see if I could get a better look.

“Oh God.” I whispered to myself.

Seemingly shoved deep in their chests was their cellphones, the flesh clinging to the plastic cases.  The screens were glowing a bright, hot white.  Slowly, in unison, they both began to open their eyes, and that same white light burned from the space where their eyeballs had once been.

I felt a bony hand grab my shoulder, pulling me back into the room. 

“Virus is here.” Albert was whispering frantically into my ear. “Virus is here!”

I again motioned for him to be quiet, and slowly closed the door to my room. 

He was right, Virus was in the hospital, and from the look of those two nurses it had evolved.


No comments:

Post a Comment