Thursday, March 17, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 32

Dina sat on the edge of my bed and filled me in on everything that had happened while I had been out.

“The cops ended up finding almost seventy bodies on that block. Almost everyone there had been killed.”

As she spoke I could see tears welling up in her eyes.

“I guess a few families had gotten out before Virus had gotten to them, but the rest…”

“Like the others?” I asked.

She nodded.

“What about the Unknown… I mean Albert.” I had to say his name out loud.  I had to take away the power that having the moniker of Unknown Sender had given him.  He was human.  He was normal. He was a nobody who had finally snapped.

“He’s alive.” She sighed. “He fell into a coma after they revived him, but the last I heard he was still breathing on his own. “  She paused, biting her lip. “There is one thing, though.”

“What is it?” I sat up, my back protesting in pain as I moved.

“I heard one of the nurses talking.” She glanced at me. “Every time they try and hook him up to any of the electronic equipment, the whole building seems to go crazy.”


“Guess he’s trying to get back to the Void.”

No comments:

Post a Comment