Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 27

The Unknown Sender did not look well. He was deathly thin, his face gaunt, and heavy circles hung under his yellowed eyes. His hair was long and greasy, strands of it sticking to his face and forehead. I would have thought he was dead if it wasn’t for the slow rise and fall of his chest.


A cable dangled from his right temple, one end pushed into his flesh, and the other plugged into one of several computers that surrounded the easy chair.


“He actually plugged his brain into the internet.” I stepped towards him.


At the sound of my voice the Unknown Sender sat up, his eyes focusing on me.


“Help me!” He reached out, his bony hands reached for me. “I made a mistake. I made a mistake!” He was grasping for me, his long, cracked fingernails clacking together with each frantic movement. “I lost control! I lost…”


He lurched forward, and attempted to stand up. Instinctively I took a step back, and Dina and I both watched in horror as the Unknown Senders legs seemed to snap under the weight of his body, sending him crashing onto the floor.


The cord that had been plugged into his temple ripped loose, send a spray of blood and pus onto the already filthy floors.


“I… I made a mistake…” He was sputtering now, his body twitching.


One of the monitors next to the easy chair flickered, and then turned on, and I found myself looking at a familiar face.


No comments:

Post a Comment