Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Rituals pt. 10

I couldn’t really explain how things had snapped into place in my brain.  When I had seen that flashback, or memory… whatever it was, I suddenly knew that whatever was controlling the creatures in this town was part of the force that was working to weaken the barrier around New Eden. 

I convinced Doug and Alana to wait until morning for us to begin our search for the nest.  I was only guessing, but from what I could tell, these things didn’t seem to like light too much, and during the daytime we would have the greatest advantage.

As we walked through the abandoned streets, Alana came up beside me.

“What happened to you back there?” She didn’t look at me as she spoke. “Did it have something to do with Rita? Did she do something to you?”

I shook my head. “I… I don’t think so.  I think, maybe, she may have helped unlock something in my mind, but I couldn’t say for sure.  All I know is that I saw something.  I connected with that creature, and I was able to get into her mind.”

“Her?” She finally glanced at me.

“Before she became one of those… things, she was a human.  All of them were. Except for one.”

Alana just nodded.


Nothing could surprise her anymore.  Not in the world that we lived in.

No comments:

Post a Comment