Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 13

When I slip into the Digital Void the transition is smoother this time.  The change in my state of being is less drastic, more natural. 

I am not alone for long, though.  He is there, hovering before me.  Even though I cannot see his face clearly, I know he is smiling.  He knows my thoughts before I even have them. 

“Are you ready to continue your education?” He holds out a hand to me. 

I nod.  I cannot say yes.  I cannot speak.  The reality of what I am about to do bursts into my brain like a shriek.  Once I do this, I will be forever changed.  I will have crossed the line from being a victim to a monster.  I will go from being a hero to a villain. 

I think of Randy.  I want him back, all to my own.  I want to take away those distractions that have been pulling him away from me, eroding the trust we had some carefully built between us.   

I take his hand. 

There is no going back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment