Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Ruins pt. 41

That night, in a building that looked like it had once been a youth center, Marcus held a large dinner for us. 

The survivors, he had called us. 
Doug sat next to him, whatever animosity there had been between the two had melted away. 
Nora sat next to me on the right, Alana to my left. 

The room was well lit.
There were people singing, passing around food. 
If it wasn’t for the more modern looking furniture and architecture it could almost pass as some medieval party. 

Marcus stood, a glass mug in his hand. 
“Everyone, tonight we welcome four new members to our community.  Please, accept them with open arms, and help them feel welcomed in our New Eden.”

Marcus continued to speak, but my attention was drawn to a woman sitting on the far end of the room.  She looked to be in her fifties, her long gray hair streaked with bright red.  She wore a blindfold around her eyes, and a young woman was helping her eat. 

I wanted to talk with her. 
I couldn’t explain why, but I needed to. 

I leaned towards Alana, asking her who the woman was.


“That is the Rita, the Seer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment