Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Eye See You: Luke Connects pt. 15

We emerge in her room, hovering just above her bed. Bella is lying there in the fetal position, her eyes staring blankly off into space.  She doesn’t sense us at all. 

I hear the door to the bedroom close.  I turn and see my master, The Unknown Sender, standing guard.  When I look back at Bella she is sitting up. 

She looks like a complete wreck.  Her hair is unkempt and greasy.  Her face is blotchy, her face flush from hours of crying, and her eyes are bloodshot and painful to look at. 

She’s watching the door, her breathing quiet.  She bites her lip.  Then she looks up, her vision seeming to adjust, to finally register the other presence hovering over her.  Does she see me?  Does she just see a shadow? 

She shakes her head. 

“You?” Her voice is raw and gravely.  All her screaming and weeping has reduced her vocal cords to shredded meat. 

“Do it.” The Unknown Sender is hovering closer to me now.  “Do it now!”
Without thinking, I act.  I reach out, and can feel my hand wrap around her forearm. 


This is how my transition from man into a monster begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment