Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Ruins pt. 44

“Do you know when this all began? The invasion?” 
Rita sat next to me, her movement slow, careful. 

I shook my head.

She couldn’t have seen me do it, but she knew. 

“It doesn’t matter.  Just know that it is not when you think it actually happened.  It had started long before then.”
She turned her head towards me, her hidden, wrapped eyes looking at me. 
“The invasion started almost thirty years ago.  Before you were born.  Before anyone even knew it was happening.  By the time people were aware, it was already too late.”

I was confused.  How could this be my story?
I asked her. 

“Your role in this was being planned out… written, if you would like, before your parents even thought of having you.” 
Rita sighed, seeming to sense my continued confusion.
“Think of it as a not so ancient prophecy, Ren John.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment