Monday, February 29, 2016

New Pom Pom Angel: First Dates pt. 5

I rushed down the street, sweat dripping down my forehead.  I needed to get the Café Bubble fast, before everything went wrong.  I was an idiot to think for one second that Regina could pick a good person.  Regina was a demon, for crying out loud!

I could see the café on the next block.  I slowed my run to a jog, and then finally a casual walk.  I ran my sleeve over my forehead. I needed to act like this was nothing special, like I was just checking in.  I needed to make sure that Gus didn’t lose confidence in me. 

Sure, I had made a dumb decision in going with Raven, but dammit, she seemed like such a good person.  It wasn’t just the research that I did, either.  It was the feeling I got from her.  My Angel Senses were tingling! That usually only happens with good people.  But when Mama reminded me about Regina… well…

Before I could reach the café I felt a hand roughly grab the back of my shirt and yank me into the alley next to the building. 

My back hit the brick wall hard, and I found myself nose to nose with Regina.  Her eyes were glowing red with hellfire, and she looked pissed. 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” She was spitting mad. 

“I could ask you the same question!” I pulled my shirt free from her clenched fist, and pushed myself off the wall.  “You tricked me.  You made me think that Raven was a good person so that I would set him up with her again.” 

“I… what?”  Regina shook her head, the hellfire dying from her eyes. “No! Raven was a mistake! I had meant to set him up with Skull Crusher, the muscular Swedish dominatrix with an affinity for glass tables.” 

“Glass tables?” I cocked my head to the side, confused.

“Don’t ask.” Regina shuddered. “Anyways, I thought you had figured out my mistake, and were trying to rub my face in it.”

“I…” I paused.  So, Mama had just been testing me.  “Well, it’s too late now. Unless you want to go in there like a psycho, and…” I grabbed her arm, stopping her from walking towards the café. “The rules are the rules, Regina.  The date is in progress.  We can only watch.”

She pulled her arm free.  “Fine, then let’s get front row seats for Gus’s latest dating disaster.”

Looking like a pouty child, Regina headed towards the café  I followed her in, suddenly hopeful that I made the right choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment