Thursday, April 7, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 38

Albert’s bathroom connected to the next room over. A corner room. The main door opened on to a different hallway.

“Come on.” I wrapped my arm around Albert’s waist and we started into the bathroom.
“It’ll get us.” He was mumbling to himself. “No use. It’ll get us.”
“Do you want me to leave you behind?” I loosened my grip.
He looked at me, shaking his head, his eyes wide with fear.
“Then be quiet.” My voice was ice cold.

The bathroom was small, and in a few seconds were through the other door, and in a room with two sleeping patients, their curtains drawn around their beds. Quietly we made our way to the door leading out into the hall.

I let Albert go, and leaned him against the wall. Then, doing my best not to wake the other patients, I cracked the door open and looked out into the hallway.

Empty. Perfect.


I turned back to Albert, and nearly screamed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment