Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Rituals pt. 16

The front door of the town hall burst open, and several of the vipers tumbled out, their flesh already charred. They tumbled down the steps, the sunlight hitting them full on, and their bodies exploded, leaving nothing but a puddle of nasty slime behind.

A few more followed after, their fates exactly the same.

“They aren’t all going to come out,” I said.

“Then we have to drive them out.” Alana watched as another viper crawled towards the edge of the steps and exploded. “We could burn the building.” She glanced to me, and then to Doug.

“I don’t think…” I paused. I couldn’t explain why, but I just had the feeling that there is something in there that we need.”

“Then we go in.” Alana didn’t sound upset. She spoke as if she were just talking about an everyday chore, and not wandering into a pit of demonic viper-human hybrids.

Doug just nodded.

“Hope you’re right, Ren John. If you aren’t then we may be walking into a death trap for no reason at all.” She crossed her arms over her chest.


“I’m right.” I nodded. I hope, I thought to myself.

“Then we need to make a few torches. We go in there, get what you think we need, and then torch the place and run. That work for the both of you?”

Doug and I nodded.


“Then let’s get going.” Alana started off without another word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment