Friday, April 29, 2016

Tentacle University 2: The Sorority pt. 11

The Greek Row Commons was a small, one story building that was usually used for school approved mixers, or Greek Row meetings. Tonight, though, the place was pretty much empty except for the few people Willard had requested to attend.
Rachel and Alice sat at one table, while Stephen, Chad and Lance sat at another. Willard stood between them, sensing the tension in the room. He cleared his throat, and began.
“Alright, first things first, I made copies of all the evidence Stephen has collected.” He pointed to the small pile of papers and flash drives on each table. “Those are for you to take with you, and examine. As for how we move forward from here, Stephen has already filled me in on the Dean’s reaction to your meeting. I can’t say I’m surprised. While I have never had to deal with anything of this… severity before, I am well aware of the struggles Rachel has had with the new administration in this school.”
Willard paused, letting everyone take a look at the materials he had provided.
“Now, knowing that our in school options are limited, I have taken it upon myself to also submit copies of all of the evidence to the local police, as well as a friend of mine who works for the school paper. If these crimes are exposed, then we can at least hope to force the school to react. The original incidents, as well as Bethany’s suicide did place Hartford in the public eye, and with the release of these documents we can only hope that the public will apply enough pressure to the Dean’s office to force them to act.”
Alice shifted uncomfortably in her seat. “Don’t you think this could backfire? The women in my house have already faced so much ridicule after the photos were released, I mean…”
“I can deal with it.” Lance spoke up, cutting Alice off. “If it means catching the bastards who did this, then bring it on. I’ve already had any semblance of pride completely stripped, so what else do I have to lose?”
Rachel nodded. “I have to agree with Lance on this one. I know I wasn’t effected personally, but I have seen plenty of the fallout. If this means the people responsible will be held accountable for their actions, then I can’t see a downside.”
Alice spoke up again. “But that could mean the pictures being brought back into the public. Things have finally started to die down enough where people are starting to forget.”
“Until it happens again.” Rachel looked at her vice president. “Alice, why are you suddenly getting cold feet?”
“I’m just worried. The more I remember the media circus surrounding Bethany’s death, and the original release of those photos... We need time to prepare the original victims, Rachel.” Alice was chewing on her lip.
“I understand that.” Willard nodded. “While I cannot control the speed at which the police act, I did ask the school paper to hold off on releasing their story. They won’t release anything for a week.  That should give you enough time to prepare anyone for the whatever happens next.”
The sound of a deep, masculine laugh made Willard pause. He looked up, and standing in the doorway were three very large masked men. Each of them held a weapon. The one on the right, a baseball bat, the one on the left had a hockey stick and the one in the middle gripped a very mean looking lead pipe.

“What happens next,” the one in the middle said, “is that you learn to keep your mouths shut.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment