Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Eye See You: Infection pt. 43

Without speaking I grabbed Albert, and started heading the other way down the hall. I kept close to the wall, hoping that the rolling tray cart would block us from view for a little while longer.

Ahead I could see a four-way intersection, and located on the far right, a nurse’s station. I wanted to run to it, but I knew that if I moved to quickly, or made to much noise, one of those infected… things would be on me.

“Your friend is probably already dead.” Albert’s voice was a low mumble, but just loud enough for me to hear him. “Look at how quickly this floor turned into a slaughterhouse. Do you really think they would have made it this far?”

“She survived you.” I glanced at him. “Now, when we find her you may not survive her.”

I could feel Albert tense up. “I was one person. This… this is an something much bigger.”

“I have faith in her.”
We made it to the nurse’s station, and I quickly started searching for a patient list. They had to have something on paper.

Albert collapsed into the rolling chair in front of one of the computers. “Why do you keep dragging me with you? I think most people would leave me to rot.”

“Janelle made it sound like we need you to deal with Virus, so I guess that means I need to keep you alive.” I didn’t look at him as I answered. My eyes were scanning the stacks and stacks of patient files littering the station. “Found it.” I grabbed the patient list, and started flipping. “She isn’t on here.”  

I looked up when I heard the clacking of keys on the computer. Albert had turned to the terminal, and was typing furiously.


“She was released not long after you both were admitted.” Albert stopped typing and turned towards me. “Can we leave now?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment